Wexford School of Ballet & Performing Arts
Ballet Exam Checklist
- Please make sure the elastic on the shoe is in the right place, that is where the shoe blends at the back, so it crosses over the ankle.
- Please make sure the shoes are clean and tidy including the soles.
- The Hair should be in a neat secure bun in the centre of the head. It is easier to put the hair up if it has not been washed the night before.
- There should be no scrunchies visible; we will have ribbons to put around the bun.
- If you have any problems putting the hair up, if you have it in a secure ponytail, there will be somebody at the studio to finish it off.
- RAD regulation leotards only
- Please note that the Students are not permitted by the RAD to wear anything underneath their leotards (i.e. no vests or underwear).
- The Student must wear ballet socks or ballet tights, and ballet shoes for their exam.
- The Student should also have a pink/lavender elastic belt around their waists, do not worry we have some spare ones.
- No nail varnish is allowed
- No make-up is allowed
- No jewellery of any kind is allowed in the exam room. If the Student is unable to take earrings off, please cover them with flesh coloured plaster.
Many thanks & best of luck with your exam – WSBPA